Cross flow energy exchanger
3 in 1 cross flow air to air heat exchanger recovering energy from Stronga dryers, animal houses, waste reception halls and more.
Depending on the location and conditions on site, it is possible to save between 35–60% of heating costs using this highly energy efficient technology. When recovering heat from a Stronga dryer, the dry output boost can be more than 30%.
FlowFilta also delivers a significant dust reduction through condensation, extracting dust from the wet process air. Odour and ammonia emissions are also reduced as part of the whole cross flow process.
Watch the 3D FlowFilta animation
Carbon Reduction Commitment
Comply with environmental regulations
The FlowFilta 3 in 1 air-to-air heat exchanger is designed to aid compliance with increasingly important environmental regulations, helping you meet your Carbon Reduction Commitment targets.
Reduced energy use – energy savings
depend on site location & conditions
Reduced dust emissions
Efficient heat recovery
Reduced odour emissions
Boosted output from your Stronga dryer
Reduced carbon footprint
Enjoy the benefits of reduced energy requirement, boosted FlowDrya output and lower carbon footprint using FlowFilta – a simple air-to-air heat exchanger with no belts, chains or sprockets and very few moving parts.
Air-to-air heat exchanger.
Suited to your application.
The all-in-one FlowFilta offers great flexibility across a wide range of process air applications.
- Dryer exhaust applications. FlowFilta air-to-air heat exchanger can be used together with FlowDrya to reduce dust and odour from a range of drying applications. Warm exhaust drying air can be used to heat fresh ambient air which can be re-circulated back into Heatex, optimising energy efficiency and heat recovery while boosting dryer output.
- Animal housing applications. Reducing emissions from livestock housing will become increasingly important in the near future. In order to obtain a building permit for a poultry house, authorities often require the installation of an exhaust air cleaning system like FlowFilta. The focus is placed on controlling dust, ammonia and odour.
- & many more applications. Recirculation with heat recovery. Using FlowFilta means you not only save heating costs, but also reduce fine dust emissions. In combination with an activated carbon filter; fine dust, bioaerosols and odour can be filtered, improving the local climate.
Mode of operation
Unique, cross flow air-to-air heat exchanger. Discover the FlowFilta mode of operation.
- Fresh, cold ambient air is drawn along the lateral capillary stream by the highly efficient fan in the end plenum.
- Incoming ambient air is cleaned by the electro-static, easy clean air filter and louvre arrangement.
- Warm, moist exhaust air simultaneously flows upwards between the vertical honeycombs. Warm airflow heats the honeycomb. Through thermal conduction, fresh horizontal airflow is progressively warmed. This energy efficient heat exchange allows the user to make better use of a warm exhaust air stream. Fresh and exhaust airflows are completely separated.
- Exhaust air condenses on the outside of the honeycomb to control odour and dust. The speed of the exhaust airflow is reduced as it flows upwards between the special-shape honeycomb. Decreased air velocity and cooling of the exhaust air causes dust separation.
FlowFilta – Standard specification
FlowFilta – Optional equipment
FlowFilta series – Technical details