FlowDrya FD60WS – Waste Series Drying Solutions
Economies of scale
High capacity waste to energy dryer – more tonnes processed, more m³ throughput. All leading to better economies of scale with improved saving and earning potential.
Modular, moveable construction means you can build up FD60WS units side-by-side to reach your target site scale. Still very space efficient and compact, transforming many tonnes of refuse each day into added value, high calorific fuel.
Lean more about drying waste to fuel
Extremely tough. Highly reliable.
Extremely tough, highly reliable Hardox 450 wear plate in the FD60WS dryer copes with varying waste fractions and aggressive environments, day after day.
In waste management facilities, input material can be unpredictable and threaten the reliability of your equipment. Hardox In My Body, coupled with a tough-built, monocoque chassis and a well proven Siemens PLC console combine together to build-in reliability.
With Zero to Landfill regulations driving a change towards increased recycling, you need robust, reliable and long life FlowDrya equipment.
Zero to landfill
Zero to landfill targets, coupled with residual heat sources (e.g. landfill gas CHP), are driving recognition of FlowDrya’s value. Waste is a valuable material for the production of alternative energy which for too long has been under-utilised, wastefully-disposed of in landfill.
Fulfilling your Zero to Landfill targets while drying waste to energy enables practical, economic and environmental benefits.
- Landfill diversion. Processing waste into SRF is cheap, sustainable and environmentally-friendly.
- Reduction of imported fossil fuel costs and non-renewable fossil fuel usage.
- Improved processing and fraction recovery rates from screening, tromelling and sorting.
- Reduction of NOx and CO₂ emissions using substitute fuels instead of lignite or coal.
- Reduction of transport costs by road, rail and sea.
Waste to energy streams
The FD60WS dryer is designed to operate with Construction & Demolition (C & D) waste; Commercial & Industrial fractions; Municipal Solid Waste; Waste to Energy RDF / SRF; Fines fractions; and even heavy, dense materials like incinerator bottom ash.
Green heat sources provide the best mass balance outcomes, including residual heat from Landfill Gas Engines; Energy from Waste (EfW) plants; and Waste Wood Biomass Boilers. Coupling FD60WS with a residual heat source culminates in a high output of useful, dry fuel.
FlowDrya WS is fully compatible for use with green energy schemes. We would be pleased to discuss your waste drying requirements while optimising waste heat for positive outcomes.
FlowDrya FD60WS – Standard specification
Pre-heating agitation chamber.
- High yield strength
- Abrasion and impact resistant
- Long wear life
Full length, full width 60m² PulseWave™ drying beds (hydraulically-operated).
- High grade, slow moving walking floor efficiently conducts thermal energy
- Handles even non-free flowing waste fractions of varying densities
Siemens PLC system and DryStation™ reliable smart control console.
- Knowledge-building data logging function
- Self-protection and electrical overload sensing
Hardox SharkFin™ waste in-feed system*.
- Handles spongy, sticky or difficult waste streams of varying weights
*Depending on material to be handled
High capacity flared wet material hopper with angle guides for greedy boards*.
- Hopper sized depending on materials to maximise periods between refilling
*Greedy boards not included
Sub-floor fines removal raising auger.
- Automatic fines removal of small, heavy waste fines that fall through the steel walking floor
Andon – visual operation status display.
- Instant visual indication of self-protection and safety status
Side insulation for improved thermal efficiency.
- Plastisol-coated UV stabilised steel sandwich insulation
- Minimises energy losses while optimising drying efficiency
FlowDrya FD60WS – Optional equipment
Hydraulic folding roof with hand pump operation and 4 x roof-mounted flues.
- Easy access to the drying bed for service, cleaning and maintenance
FlowDrya FD60WS – Technical details
|Overall width (excluding insulation)
|Height (including hopper)
|Drying bed surface area
|Wet material hopper capacity
||Material density dependent
|3 phase electro-hydraulic power unit
|Hardox wear plate
|SharkFin™ in-feed system**
|Drying output control
|Drying bed speed control valve
|Electrical overload sensing
|E-stop safety shutdown
|Side intake air vents
* Depending on equipment fitted. ** Depending on waste fraction to be dried.
All weights and measurements are subject to specification and regional laws.
As we are continually improving our products, technical details, masses and measurements are given as reference values only.
Please note – Datasheet below is just for show. Each FlowDrya is custom-built to the unique requirements of the client.
Enquire About FlowDrya FD60WS