Pinnacle of drying systems
Modern, energy efficient and highly reliable.
FlowDrya contains all the attributes our customers desire – high capacity, thermal and electrical efficiency, long life reliability, low service costs, and the versatility to dry a wide range of materials. Users across the globe are currently using FlowDrya Green Series to dry wood chip, digestate, paper pulp and much more.
FD17GS FD30GS FD60GS
Think flexibility. Think FlowDrya.
Greater drying flexibility translates into more profitable business. FlowDrya Green Series enables countless drying possibilities, leading to long term financial profitability and productivity. FlowDrya users are now drying a whole range of wet materials, including:
Wood chips, wood shavings, saw dust, bark, coconut husk, coir fibre, cereals, rapeseed, peas and beans, anaerobic digestate, compost, paper pulp, fruit, seaweed and much more.
Find out which Stronga dryer is best suited to your material
Green energy incentives
Governments across the globe are setting up green energy incentive schemes aimed at utilising residual heat from pyrolysis, syngas and biogas (CHP). With political organisations committed to reducing carbon emissions, several schemes have been initiated to help bring renewable technology to the market.
Now is a great time to add value by drying materials while enjoying financial incentives from various green energy schemes, such as the UK Government’s Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
Our friendly and professional team support clients by connecting them with our network of technical advisers.
Adding value to by-products
Using FlowDrya, clients can add significant value to low value by-products while optimising waste heat utilisation:
- Sawmills with wet wood chip for conversion into dry, renewable biofuel.
- Estates with available forestry or timber to be chipped, dried and sold as renewable biomass boiler fuel.
- Timber product companies with off-cuts for transformation into biomass fuel.
- Clients with wet paper pulp who can dry paper making residues into valuable animal bedding.
- Poultry houses with under-utilised poultry manure for conversion into substitute fuel or fertiliser.
- Recycling companies with waste wood who can increase their financial income working as a dry wood chip fuel supplier.
Dry waste by-products to generate heat and green electricity on-site, entering a sustainable energy cycle.
Simplicity is paramount
Every Stronga product is designed to comply with our core principle of only building simple, easy to operate machines.
FlowDrya GS positively moves wet materials from a hopper, along a hydraulic-powered moving drying floor, and over a flow of temperature-controlled drying air which is fed from the Heatex air control module.
FlowDrya drying is incredibly simple, highly reliable and powerfully effective.
No belts, chains or sprockets
Optimal airflow injection
The injection of drying quality air through the wet materials as they flow along the drying bed optimises the evaporative drying process to reduce moisture content to a desired level.
- Drying air in. Drying quality airflow is fed by the Heatex air control module. Air can also be injected from other residual process air sources.
- Sub-floor air plenum. Warm Heatex air flows into the sub-floor air plenum, interacting with the steel infrastructure. Hot steel conducts thermal energy directly into materials to supplement drying.
- Moving floor drying. Warm air rises through the ventilated drying floor to diffuse through tumbling wet materials, efficiently inducing evaporative drying. Full length diffusion delivers an even distribution of airflow along the drying floor.
- Exiting process air. Exhaust airflow is dissipated into the atmosphere, ducted via optional roof and flue equipment, or recirculated via energy-recovery, cross flow FlowFilta. Click here to see the Stronga FlowFilta product page >
PulseWave™ mixing motion
Highly efficient PulseWave™ thoroughly mixes and progressively dries materials on the moving floor. PulseWave™ ensures that every part of the material interacts with the drying bed and receives an even airflow, leading to uniformity of dryness.
Materials are shifted forwards by the pushing blade face, causing a driving force low to the bed. The driving force is weaker above the pushing blade, causing materials at the wave’s crest to lag and tumble onto the drying bed behind.
Materials are lifted over the tilted axis of the blade to form another wave. As the crest height grows, the wave becomes less stable, causing materials to tumble forwards and backwards.
DryStation™ Siemens PLC
FlowDrya operations are managed by the integrated DryStation™ Siemens Programmable Logic Controller (PLC). The PLC system, working in total synergy, maximises efficiency and reliability while reducing time and management costs.
The illuminated 7″ DryStation™ touchscreen acts as the interface between the PLC system and FlowDrya. The DryStation™ screen enables instant visual access to the controls and safety parameters. Low maintenance PLC systems have durable infrastructures designed to withstand temperature variations.
Reliable purpose-built design
Well-proven, highly reliable FlowDrya is specifically designed for the demanding CHP market, offering a high duty cycle and reliable operation for over 8000 hours/year. FlowDrya is designed to work 24/7, potentially operating for up to 160,000 hours over a 20 year period.
FlowDrya Green Series is the outcome of years of experience, innovation and engineering. High capacity designs optimise thermal efficiency and performance, offering great value in the form of lowest cost per tonne dried.
Extremely low electrical energy requirement while ensuring efficient drying of wet materials into high value, useful product.
FlowDrya Green Series – Technical details